Math Education Consultants
Math Education Consultants
Full-Time Per Diem / Part-Time Per Diem
We accept applications from exceptional math education consulting candidates year-round. We are currently seeking applicants for both full time and part-time consulting positions, focused on providing customized professional development for teachers, math coaches and administrators in Tri-State area schools, principally in New York City.
- guide and support school leaders in the creation and implementation of a clearly defined action plan to establish exemplary math teaching and learning classroom environments
- build teachers’ capacity to effectively implement standards-aligned curriculum and analyze data effectively to drive instruction by building content and pedagogical knowledge through co-planning, co-teaching, coaching, mentoring, and modeling best practices
- facilitate school based and regional professional development workshops for parents, teaching staff, coaches, and school administrators
- timely and effective internal reporting and documentation of work
- attendance at internal team meetings and professional development sessions to ensure high-quality service at all times
Requirements and Qualifications:
- demonstrated expertise in effective teaching strategies and improving student outcomes, with a minimum of 8 years of classroom teaching experience
- strong theoretical knowledge of math content and pedagogy, current education theory and practices
- proven experience in implementing problem based learning, small group instruction, and differentiated lesson planning aligned to standards
- understanding of adult learning theory and experience working with teachers as a lead teacher, coach, mentor, or instructional leader
- demonstrated experience in preparing and presenting high quality, research based professional development
- ability to build collaborative relationships with stakeholders with different perspectives
- life-long learner with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- demonstrated proficiency in the use of technology
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Your cover letter should answer the following questions:
1. What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position?
2. How have your previous work and educational experiences prepared you for a mathematics leadership role?
We are a women-owned business and an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All consulting positions are filled entirely on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.