Update: We hope that you are finding ways to keep you and your loved ones safe and healthy. We are being inundated with emails from districts, schools, teachers and parents who are looking for offline activities due to the fact that many families do not have the number of electronic devices needed for multiple children to do online learning while parents work from home. In response to this need we are compiling packets of materials for K-5th Grade which will be available for free download on the Subscriber Freebies page. We are also offering a 20% discount on all items in our eBook Store purchased online through April 20th. Use code Learnathome at checkout.
Math Education Consultants
Math Education Consultants
We are currently seeking applicants to fill both full and part-time math education consultant positions, focused on providing customized professional development for teachers, math coaches and administrators in Tri-State area schools, principally in New York City. Our math educational consultants are paid on a per-diem basis.
- guide and support school leaders in the creation and implementation of a clearly defined action plan to establish exemplary math teaching and learning classroom environments
- build teachers’ capacity to effectively implement standards-aligned curriculum and analyze data effectively to drive instruction by building content and pedagogical knowledge through co-planning, co-teaching, coaching, mentoring, and modeling best practices
- facilitate school based and regional professional development workshops for parents, teaching staff, coaches, and school administrators
- timely and effective internal reporting and documentation of work
- attendance at internal team meetings and professional development sessions to ensure high-quality service at all times
Requirements and Qualifications:
- demonstrated expertise in effective teaching strategies and improving student outcomes, with a minimum of 8 years of classroom teaching experience
- strong theoretical knowledge of math content and pedagogy, current education theory and practices
- strong knowledge of the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics and the New York State Next Generation Mathematics Learning Standards
- proven experience in implementing problem based learning, small group instruction, and differentiated lesson planning aligned to standards
- understanding of adult learning theory and experience working with teachers as a lead teacher, coach, mentor, or instructional leader
- demonstrated experience in preparing and presenting high quality, research based professional development
- ability to build collaborative relationships with stakeholders with different perspectives
- life-long learner with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- demonstrated proficiency in the use of technology
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your cover letter should answer the following questions:
1. What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position?
2. How have your previous work and educational experiences prepared you for a mathematics leadership role?
We are a women-owned business and an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All consulting positions are filled entirely on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.