5th Grade Math Journals
*Updated for the 2019-2020 school year!
5th Grade Math Journals contains 150 standards based problem solving tasks designed to develop key mathematical skills, concepts and understandings. Containing a mix of routine and non-routine problems these math journal tasks are ideal for problem of the day, independent practice, review, homework or assessment purposes.
Included in this digital download:
- a comprehensive guide to getting started with math journals
- overview tables showing the focus standard for each task
- math journal rubric in both student notebook and classroom display size
- 150 math journal tasks covering all 5th Grade Common Core State Standards. All tasks are provided in 3 formats:
1. Notebook Size: Print on Avery Standard, 5160 mailing labels (30 copies of the math journal task on one page) or print on paper and cut apart for
students to glue into their math journals.
2. Task Cards: With four math journal tasks per page this size is ideal for use in a math center.
3. Full Page Size: Display the task on your interactive whiteboard or on a classroom bulletin board with a display of student work.
Also included in: