What is an eBook?
EBook is short for electronic book, a digital version of a print book. K5MTR's eBooks are available as PDFs and may be read on either a PC or a Mac.
How do I get my eBook order?
After you place an order you will be automatically redirected to the download page. If you are not redirected to the download page please contact us immediately. We will investigate to make sure your order was successfully placed. If it was, we will resend the download link or send your order via an email attachment. To download your eBook:
NOTE: To download and view your eBook, you need to have the current version of Adobe Reader installed on your computer. If you don't have Adobe Reader you can download it free of charge from www.adobe.com. If you have an iPad download a pdf reader from the App Store (e.g. GoodReader), then follow the directions for that specific PDF
What type of license do I need?
The eBooks on our website are available with either a Single User License, Multiple User License or District User License.
What are the terms of a Single User License?
- Use by one teacher with up to 35 students per year - no yearly renewal fee.
- EBooks can be downloaded on both home and school computer or other devices (maximum of 9 downloads).
- EBooks cannot be shared with other teachers or uploaded to any locations accessible to the public.
What are the terms of a Multiple User License?
- Unlimited use of the eBook(s) by all teachers in one school site - no yearly renewal fee.
- EBooks may be loaded onto a secure (password protected) intranet or server.
- EBooks cannot be shared with other schools or districts, or uploaded to any locations accessible to the public.
What are the terms of a District User License?
- Unlimited use of the eBook(s) by all teachers in one school district - no yearly renewal fee.
- EBooks may be loaded onto a secure (password protected) intranet or server.
- EBooks cannot be shared with other districts or uploaded to any locations accessible to the public.
How do I order a Single User License?
Single User Licenses are available via our website with use of a credit card. We do not accept Purchase Orders for Single User Licenses.
How do I order a Multiple User License or District User License?
If you require a W9, or Tax ID number, please see this document.
Multiple User Licenses may be purchased online with a credit card, by emailing or mailing a Purchase Order, or by mailing a school check. District User Licenses may be purchased by emailing or mailing a Purchase Order.
*Please note that Multiple User Licenses ordered with a Purchase Order incur a processing cost. To avoid processing costs order Multiple User License items online.
Using a credit card: Visit the eBooks page on our website and click on the eBook cover to go to the Sales Page and add the item to your Shopping Cart.
Using a Purchase Order: Complete an Order Form and email or mail it with your Purchase Order. Be sure to include the email address of the contact person you would like the eBooks emailed to as without this information we are unable to process your order.
Using a school check: Complete an Order Form and mail it with your check. Once we receive and process your check the eBooks will be emailed to the contact person named on the Order Form.
Do licenses have a yearly renewal fee?
There is no yearly renewal fee. Single User, Multiple User and District User Licenses have no expiration date.
I am unable to place an order online. What can I do?
If you are having trouble ordering form a work computer you could be experiencing a problem due to firewalls. Some school computers block Internet transactions to protect their networks. If you have this problem you may need to place your order from a non-school computer.
When I try to submit an order I get a message saying "Declined - 10554-This transaction cannot be processed."
The address you are inserting does not match the address on your credit card billing statement. The Address Verification System (AVS) is a security system set up by banks. If your address and name do not completely match, your transaction will be declined.
I have downloaded the file but am having trouble opening it. What can I do?
1. All eBooks are in PDF format and should be opened with a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader. Make sure that you are trying to open the file with a PDF reader and not as a Word document.
2. Verify that you have a current version of Adobe Reader by opening Adobe from your desktop or start menu, clicking on help, and then About Acrobat Reader. If you have a version of Adobe Reader less then 10.0, we recommend you download a FREE update to your reader from Adobe's website. If you have downloaded a current version of Adobe Reader and continue to experience technical difficulties please email us so that we can work with you to resolve any issues. We will need the email address that you used to purchase the item, the name of the item and a brief explanation of your problem.
I downloaded the file but when I open it the print is blurry. What can I do?
Make sure that you have the most recent version of Adobe Reader installed on your computer. Then, open the file with Adobe Reader. On a MAC, make sure you open the file with Adobe Reader and not in Mac Preview.
I cannot save or print the file on my Mac. What can I do?
You have the file open in Preview mode instead of Adobe Reader. Open the file in Adobe Reader and you will be able to save and print it.
What if I lose my eBook?
Please remember to back up your eBooks (on another computer, backup hard drive, or a web-hosted 'cloud storage site'). If you did not back up your eBook you can use your original download link to download another copy. Files can be downloaded a maximum of 9 times.
My computer crashed. Can I download my eBook again?
You can use your original download link up to 9 times. Return to your download email and click on the download link.
I purchased the wrong eBook. Can I exchange it?
If you select and checkout with the wrong format contact customer support. Once we verify that no download has been made we can exchange unused links for new formats.
What is your refund policy?
As eBooks cannot be returned no refunds are available. All digital product sales are final. It is your responsibility to determine that you have the appropriate hardware/software to make use of digital files and that the file format is appropriate for your needs. Please take the time to read the product description before purchasing. If you have questions about a product please contact us before purchase.
How do I get help if I have a problem ordering or downloading an eBook?
If your question has not been answered in our Frequently Asked Questions section, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your questions within 48 hours.
I printed some of the Math Journal task labels at school on Avery 5160 labels and they printed perfectly. I just tried to print a few of the same pages on my home printer and they are slightly misaligned. How can I fix this?
Do the Math Journal eBooks contain answer keys?
Some of our journal tasks are open ended and have multiple solutions. Others have only one solution but can be solved using multiple strategies. We encourage you to take a step back and allow students to take ownership of math journal sessions by sharing their solutions and various strategies at the conclusion of each math journal session. As a class the students should decide on the correct answer/s after students have had the opportunity to share their conjectures. This looks very different from a more traditional classroom in which the teacher (as the holder of all answers) shows and tells students the solution to a problem using his/her preferred strategy. You will be pleasantly surprised at how much your students can teach each other (and you may even learn some new strategies yourself!). Although no answer keys are provided, student work samples showing solutions to tasks can be seen in our Math Journal Galleries.