* Compressed Zip File: 19.06 MB How to unzip files.
3rd Grade Math Bundle includes four digital resources to support the development of key mathematical skills, concepts and understandings. Purchase all three resources as a bundle and save!
Included in this bundle:
- 3rd Grade Math Journals
- Math Projects Gr. 3-5
- 3rd Grade Math Vocabulary Resources
- Gr. 3-5 Multiplication and Division Strategies
1. 3rd Grade Math Journals contains 90 problem solving tasks aligned with the Common Core State Standards. Tasks can be used as Morning Work, Problem of the Day, Math Centers, for homework or assessment purposes. Included in this resource:
- a six page guide to getting started with math journals in your classroom
- overview tables showing the specific Common Core standard/s for each task
- a math journal rubric in both student and classroom display size
- 90 math journal tasks covering all 3rd Grade CCSS. Tasks can be printed on address labels (Avery 5160) with 30 copies of each task on a page. Simply print, peel and pass out for students to stick in their journal. No more glue sticks or time wasted copying out tasks!
2. Math Projects (Gr. 3-5) contains 39 projects aligned with the Common Core State Standards. These projects provide a great way to develop problem solving skills while linking your curriculum with real world situations and applications of math skills and concepts. Choose one a month to use as a homework project or set aside some class time on a regular basis for students to work on projects collaboratively. Either way you will be providing opportunities for students to solve real life problems while applying key math concepts and skills. Each project includes a student-friendly rubric to provide students with a clear understanding of expectations.
3. 3rd Grade Math Vocabulary Resources contains:
- ideas on how to make an interactive math word wall to promote student independence, develop math vocabulary, and support reading and writing in mathematics.
- 174 math word wall cards in large font (3 cards per page). Cards for each domain are color coded. Print on cardstock and/or laminate for a set of word wall cards that you can reuse year after year.
- 8 Properties of Operations Cards in both word wall and student notebook size.
- a student math vocabulary book containing over 190 math words for 3rd grade, as well as math talk stems, math writing prompts, a multiplication grid (12 x 12), and space on each page for students to write additional math vocabulary as needed. Print a copy for each student in your class (5 double-sided pages) and watch their math writing skills improve.
*All vocabulary is aligned with the Common Core State Standards.
4. Multiplication and Division Strategies provides a comprehensive bank of activities to introduce, practice and extend thinking and reasoning strategies to build number sense and develop students'abilities to automatically and accurately recall the basic multiplication and division facts.
Included in this 150 page resource:
- student notebook pages with examples and guided practice problems for each strategy
- word problems to practice each strategy in meaningful contexts
- extension problems for those students ready to extend the use of each strategy beyond the basic facts
- clear, simple charts to display in your classroom after the introduction of each strategy
- easy prep math games with sentence frames to practice and reinforce strategies
- fact fluency sheets to assess mastery of basic multiplication facts